February 13, 2020
Lenny Pappas Jr. (Cercle 69) Paul Cere, (Davignon 1),
John Arel (Cercle 2) Larry Blais (Cercle 1),
Sue Novak (Secretary), Tom LeBlanc (Treasurer),
Location: Davignon Meeting called to order: 6:30 PM
Absent: Eric Bourgeois (V-Pres), LaRonn Massey (British), George Carter (My Friends), Eric Milanese, (Davignon 2), George Tsoutsas (Eastside), Jim Kelly (Deerhead),
Guest: Eric Novak
New Business: Not enough teams were present to allow for vote on any issue.
1. Treasurer report –Tom and Sue verified what needs to be collected for second half new players. There is about $5100 in the account.
2. Lenny brought up that we should add to the tournament guidelines that if tables are to re recovered they should be done no less than two weeks before the tournament. This will allow for a break in time of the new cloth and for players to be able to play on the tournament cloth. To be discussed at a future meeting
3. It was suggested that the fee the club pays to the QCPL for hosting the tournament goes directly to Sue from the prize pool for all the time she puts in during the tournament. This is in addition to the fee that the club pays her. This will be voted on at a future meeting. Sue is the only one who is at at tournament from the moment play starts until it ends each day. Her time should be compensated.
4. Lenny brought up that during tournament play, if matches are running ahead of schedule and both players are in the club their match can be called at any time no matter what time their match is scheduled. The match will only be forfeited if the players are not available and it is at or after their scheduled time. Sue will update the master copy of the application to reflect this.
5. Current rules state that we need to have a 75% of captains at a meeting to have a vote, and a majority of those voting to pass any rule changes. It was suggested, since we can’t get a 75% of the captains at any meeting, that handicap changes will be made based on the number of captains that do show with amajority of those voting making any change. Since we discuss handicaps at all meetings changes will be made regardless of the number of captains attending.
1. Reminder new players added to the rosters, who did not play for another team in the first half, will need to pay $20. This allows them to attend the banquet if they wish. This needs to be paid before playoffs. See either Sue Novak or Tom LeBlanc at the Cercle National to pay these fees.
2. If you cannot attend a captains meeting please send a representative from your team so that we may vote on relevant issues and handicap changes. It is very discouraging to post meetings for several weeks to have only 4 captains attend. Meeting dates and times are posted on the results sheet so there should be no reason we need to remind captains of every meeting.
3. Next meeting will be Thursday, March 12th at 6:30 PM, at the Cercle.