February 5, 2018
Juan Arce, (British) Rick Campbell, Ray Paquin (Davignon 4)
Paul Cere (Davignon 3), Bob Tanner, George Tsoutsas (Eastside),
George Carter (My Friends), Jeff Pike (Deerhead)
Eric Milanese (Davignon 2) Cori Donaldson (Cercle 1),
Tom Leblanc (Cercle 3, Treasurer),
Lenny Pappas Jr. (Pres) Sue Novak (Secretary),
Eric Bourgeois (V-Pres)
Location: Davignon club Meeting called to order: 6:30 PM
Guest: Eric Novak
EMERGECY MEETING ISSUES:
1. Lenny thanked everyone for attending tonight and stated that the meeting needed to be conducted in an orderly and considerate fashion. Everyone would be able to be heard and asked that everyone allow others the opportunity to voice their opinion.
2. The meeting was called because the Cercle National had dropped all three teams from the league and we needed to figure out what to do for the rest of the season. No one wants to see the league disband. It was pointed out that we are probably the longest continuously running league in the country and many would like to see the league grow. However this is not going to happen without some changes being made.
The Cercle had representatives from team 1 and team 3 at the meeting. Cori Donaldson apologized for the way the situation was handled and stated he felt a team handicap may alleviate some of the issues encountered with the individual player handicaps. Tom also apologized for the way the situation was handled and stated that when the Cercle held their meeting many that attended thought they were deciding on what their greviences were and that those would be brought to the QCPL board. That meeting however, snowballed and they wound up dropping from the league. Many of the players on the teams were upset by this decision. Tom stated that he felt the Cercle would be able to field two teams for the league and wanted to continue if we could work out a viable solution to the issues.
Jeff Pike stated that he feels that many of the handicaps are wrong and needed to be corrected He also felt that stats should be used when making changes during the season. He was not aware that we had actually set guidelines for player handicaps last year. Sue showed him our agreed upon guidelines. He was also made aware that it doesn’t appear any of these were followed at the last meeting when so many players were raised. Jeff also felt that someone should gather the stats from the scoresheets to use when justifying changes. Sue will try to put together a spreadsheet to be used in the future.
After a considerable amount of discussion, it was agreed that the handicaps would revert to what they were at the beginning of the half with one exception; if players were lowered they would stay at the lower rating.
4. The Cercle felt that they could field two teams and wanted to return to the league. They would accept a zero score for the week that was missed and the league would return to nine teams. Therefore anyone playing the Cercle 2 team would again have a bye and the schedule would be played to the end of the season.
5. Eric Bourgeois stated that we should start meeting immediately after the league concluded to work on how we want the league to run next year. Everyone felt that this was a good idea and would allow us time to listen to suggestions, think them over and then work on ways to implement these ideas. Please be aware that meetings will occur throughout the summer to achieve this goal.
6. The only other item brought up for discussion was the banquet. Tom stated that the Cercle would like to host the banquet as they have the most available space. Ray Paquin stated that if they are unable to host the Davignon will host.